So, I was feeling a bit down in the dumps today (or yesterday, when this post goes up) and I decided to stop being a Negative Nancy and think about the thinks that make me smile. I’m sure we all know the feeling when everything is just a bit “meh” and it never helps when the weather is miserable. But, I find sitting and writing a list of positive things is the best way to get out of a bit of a slump. So I thought I’d share with you guys a few things that make me happy!
1. Waking up a few minutes before your alarm goes off. This is great as you wake up naturally, rather than being rudely awakened by an alarm. I always feel more refreshed.
2. When my make up and hair goes okay in the morning. Normally something goes a bit dodgy, either my hair sticks up, I go a bit OTT with the blusher or my eye liner is wonkier than the Leaning Tower of Pisa. So, when it all goes okay, that’s a sign of a good day ahead.
3. Spending time with loved ones! When you’re down in the dumps, nothing is better than a good old chinwag with friends or family. Vent it out!
4. Remembering you have a cup of tea when it’s just at that perfect drinking temperature. Ahh, refreshing!
5. Receiving a delivery in the post. Something us beauty bloggers experience probably a little too often (I know I do)!
6. Knowing you’ve made a difference to someone’s day. I used to feel this a lot in my old job, and I do as well now, it’s just a bit different! It doesn’t have to be something massive, just something that makes them smile.
7. When my cat sits on me. My cat is super grumpy and never sits on anyone very often, so when he sits on me, that always makes me smile!
8. Finding a great new song. Music always cheers me up, and when a find a new song I love, it’s even better. 🙂
9. Yoga! This is something I’ve definitely been slacking with recently (my excuse is while my brother was home I had no where to practice), but yoga is awesome for lifting the mood.
10. Sitting outside a pub, in the sunshine with a drink and some lovely friends. There’s nothing better – my favourite thing about summer!
11. Getting a comment/like/new follower on my blog! I never in a million years thought I’d even set up a blog, let alone have people that want to read it and comment. Thanks to all of you that already follow and comment on my posts, you’re awesome!
12. Reading a good book. I used to always have my head in a book, and this is something I really need to start doing regularly again.
13. Having a sense of accomplishment. This can be something as simple as when I made cakes the other day. I don’t think I’ve ever really made cakes (shocker, I know) but they turned out pretty good!
14. Hugs! I’m not a big hug fan in most circumstances, but sometimes a big hug from someone you love is all you really need!
15. Finding a bargain! This can be anything really, but I love shopping and I love bargain hunting too. Nothing better than finding a good deal on something awesome.
So, this was my uplifting-come-on-I-know-it’s-only-Tuesday-but-we’ll-make-it post. May need a catchier title if I make this a ‘thing’, though… but I hope you enjoy regardless!
What things make you happy?
Thank you for reading!